Hope you all had a great weekend. It’s the weekend! Yay! It’s honestly been a brutal week on my end. So much I wanted to get done but didn’t. We had a pipe burst! Oh the fun! Had a check and other important bills lost in the mail. Hmm, what else. Oh, also went to file taxes and couldn’t, that got delayed due to my drivers license being expired and they had to have the actual plastic card so that won’t happen for a couple weeks. It’s been a week of ups and downs…. mainly downs if I’m being totally honest. Please next week be kind to me…please. Anyhow I did want to show you the progress up until this point. Not sure what I want to do when it’s done sell it, hang on to it for camping, or turn it into a sewing studio and office. Who knows. Life’s a journey, not a destination right? Only time will tell.
I will tell you how to get a FREE RV that you can makeover to go camping use for an office or sewing studio, live in, go traveling…whatever floats your boat!
Here is the progress so far…
My vintage chair I love that I got for $5 at a church rummage sale. My six your old made the red pillow.
My little office set up
I did the flooring myself. I should have took a before pic, but honestly it was awful, some of it was tile, the other part was carpet that was just gross… take my word for it.
This flooring was so easy to install and @ only .69 a tile, an amazing value and turned out beautiful. (sorry the lighting was a bit off).
More updates to come. I’m going to be painting the walls antique white doing the counter top, back splash, de-doing the bedroom area with chevron print bedding and head board. Lot’s to be done to get it where I want it. Also trying to sell two cars. I want to get an SUV. Just need something bigger than my tiny little Chevy Malibu Maxx.
btw this is also my blog, check it out…tinyhousemom.blogspot.com
So how to get a free RV of your very own….
First of all I did not get this one free but I did learn a lot when I bought it and I did find out how to get them FREE from a guy that hauls them all the time. Here are 5 awesome tips to score a FREE Rv or at least a super cheap one.
1)Ask around…put the word out that you are looking for one. Often a friend, or a friend of a friends neighbors sisters, cousin has one. You get the point right? Network. It’s not what you know it’s who you know, right?
2) Look on Craigslist under the frees section. If you don’t find one today keep checking every day. If you are willing to travel to pick one up, check the cities you are willing to travel to.
3) Barter. Don’t have the cash? Do you haves an item of equal or close to equal value you would be willing to trade? If not, use your skills? Are you a plumber? Tutor? Graphic designer? Even babysitter? Everyone needs some kind of service…it doesn’t hurt to ask. Post under the section of Craiglist
4) Facebook.Join all the local Facebook groups that buy and sell barter or give items away free
5) Newspaper. Check out your free local classified papers and your local newspaper. In my area there’s one that comes out every week that you can pick up free at local stores and there are always free items or super cheap items.
6) Call local trailer parks and mobile home parks. A lot of times managers will have one that needs to be moved that someone maybe abandoned. Many times they are free for the taking.
Please keep in mind the cost of towing these. Like for example if you found a free mobile home, these are not cheap to move. These can be upwards of $2000 to move but then again use your own judgement. If it can be sold for $!0,000 then that $2000 is a small price to pay for the return on investment.
Hope these tips helped. If you keep checking I guarantee you will find one.
Happy reno-ing! Is that a word?