Target price match policy – Yes, they price match! Remember for Black Friday sales . . .
As we head toward Black Friday we are going to be seeing a lot of “get-you-in-store-awesome-deals” – you can save yourself time, gas and money by price matching competitor ads at Target. They have aLow Price Promise
, which I think is really generous!
I’ve seen especially exciting deals when price matching – Big Lots, Dollar Tree and Grocery Outlet ads at Target. But you can price match department store ads, office store ads, grocery store ads – as long as it is a physical retail store ad and it is located in the same area of your Target, it qualifies.
How do you price match at Target?If you find an item in a competitor’s printed ad that is priced lower than it is at Target, bring in the entire ad to Target, and ask customer service to price match it. I believe you have to go to customer service, I don’t think a cashier can do it for you at regular checkout (please correct me if I’m wrong). Bring the entire ad – they need to be able to see the date and that it’s a current ad. They do not accept a print out, it has to be the actual ad.
What items can you price match?Any type of item can be price matched – as long as it’s the identical brand name, size, weight, quantity and model number of the item at Target Store. For those of you with grocery at your local Target, you can price match groceries from other ads!
Can you use coupons on a price matched item?Yes! Here are details:
Manufacturer coupons will be applied after the price match is made.
Target Coupons:Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor’s price.
Combining both a Target and Manufacturer Coupons: The Target coupon will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor’s price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied.
Reminder: They accept one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item unless either coupon prohibits it. Target does not ad match a competitors coupon-required offers.
What if you buy something at Target then find it cheaper at another store? No problem. Within seven days of purchase, bring your Target receipt and the competitor ‘s current printed ad. We will reimburse the savings to you.
EXCLUDED price matching:
- Online prices, including Target.com
- Promotions or products advertised on another company’s web or mobile sites, even those advertising in-store prices.
- Timed events (e.g., early bird, door busters) – Watch for this detail on Black Friday sales, which could have time requirements, like you have to get the deal between 9 and 10 a.m. – then you can’t price match.
- Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity
- Membership club or loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card)
- Coupon-required or giftcard offers
- Prices advertised only as a percent off or $ off
- Competitor’s free product, buy one, get one, bundled offers, or special purchases
- Mobile coupons
- Sales tax promotions
- Damaged product or opened packaging
- Clearance or closeout items
- Mail in offers or instant rebates
- Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.)
- Going-out-of-business liquidations
- Special financing
- Used or previously owned items
- Display merchandise
- Pricing or typographical errors
- Owned brands (i.e., Home, Merona, Circo, Market Pantry and Archer Farms)
- Non-branded items (e.g. produce not marketed under a specific brand name)
- Target Portrait Studio, Optical, and Clinic offers
- Expired Ads
I recommend bringing the Target Price Matching Policy
just in case customer service has some questions or issues with your request – that way you can make sure you are both on the same page.
You can also price match at Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot and most office stores! When in doubt, call ahead and ask!